Each year, Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna welcomes many volunteer groups from corporations, small businesses, congregations, youth groups, civic associations, area nonprofits, and academic, professional and community organizations.
Building as a group not only allows volunteers to give back, but it develops a strong sense of camaraderie and teamwork.
What You Need to Know:
HHS hosts groups year-round every Wednesday - Saturday. A typical work day lasts from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Groups of over 25 participants will be split into shifts or between two sites.
Team leaders are responsible for:
- Contacting the Volunteer Coordinator to secure a date.
- Recruiting volunteers and ensuring they complete the mandatory online registration, including the Waiver of Liability and Safety Training.
- Securing transportation to and from the site.
- Providing any refreshments or lunches required by the group.
- Staying in touch with the Volunteer Coordinator to confirm the site location and any changes to the schedule.
- If you have tools (tool belt, hammer, nails, gloves, measuring tape, pencil), please feel free to bring them. HHS site leaders will have extras on hand.
- All volunteers must have health insurance.
- Dress appropriately - no open-toed shoes or sandals are allowed on site.
- On the morning of your build, check into the site no later than 7:45 a.m.
To get started, please e-mail Abrielle Willis, Volunteer Coordinator, or call the main office at 410-638-4434.