NEW VOLUNTEERS: If you are a new volunteer, welcome!
Signing up is easy!
1. Create an account.
2. Sign the waiver. (If you are under 18, please print out and sign the Youth Waiver).
3.. Take our Safety Training course.
**Please note: If you start the registration and have to step away halfway through, you will NOT be able to pick up where you left off. Please complete the registration only when you have the time to do it in its entirety**
Once these steps are completed, you will have access to the Construction Calendar, located under the "Volunteer" tab, where you can sign up for a build.
To access the calendar on a later date, please log in by clicking on the Log In button on the bottom left hand side of the home page.
EXISTING VOLUNTEERS: If you are an existing volunteer, please log in and proceed to the Volunteer Calendar.
THANK YOU FOR VOLUNTEERING WITH HABITAT FOR HUMANITY SUSQUEHANNA!
Contact Volunteer Coordinator Abrielle Willis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.638.4434 x 6 with any questions!
Are there age limitations?
Yes. No one under 16 is allowed on site during active construction. Those under 18 must have a signed Youth Waiver of Liability with a parent's signature. Please inform the site leader if you are under 18 because certain safety rules apply. Younger people may be allowed in later stages such as landscaping. The volunteer coordinator can inform you when these exceptions apply.
I don't have health insurance. Can I volunteer on a construction site?
No. All construction volunteers must have health insurance. If you do not, you are still welcome to join us as a non-construction volunteer.
Who is in charge on a job site?
Each site has an experienced house leader. House leaders don’t set schedules; please contact the volunteer coordinator.
When should I get there?
Arrive on site at 7:30 a.m. for an 8 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. workday
What do I need to bring?
* Tools - hammers, nail pouch, utility knife, tape measure, gloves and pencils if you have them
* Work boots or tennis shoes (No open-toed shoes or sandals); a hat for warm days; layers for cold weather
What happens once I arrive on site?
* Check in and sign in with your house leader. The sign-in book is at the house.
* Attend devotions and listen to the instructions given by your house leader.
* Take breaks and drink lots of water, especially on hot days. There is water on site.
* ASK for help and OFFER help; make sure you assist with site cleanup.
* And most of all, HAVE FUN!
What happens in the case of bad weather or school closings?
We’ll notify you if the workday is canceled.
Can I volunteer if I am pregnant?
A volunteer that is in any stage of pregnancy will not be allowed to volunteer, or be permitted on, a Habitat Susquehanna construction site. A post-pregnancy doctor’s release will be required for the volunteer to return to the HHS construction site. No modifications to the sweat equity policy will be made for pregnancy. The entire requirement will need to be met prior to the settlement date.
If you are pregnant, you are still welcome to help us as a non-construction volunteer.