205 S. Hays St. Bel Air, MD 21014
As a reflection of God’s love, and in partnership with low-income families and the community, Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna seeks to create homeownership opportunities by building, renovating and repairing homes.
Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna’s vision is to eliminate substandard housing in Cecil and Harford Counties MD through action and advocacy.
- Partner Families
- Board Members
Habitat for Humanity International & MD
- Seeks to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action.
- To accomplish these goals, HFHI invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses together in partnership with families in need.
- HFHI has helped build over 500,000 decent, affordable houses and served more than 2 million people around the world.
Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna
- Habitat for Humanity International Affiliate since 1993
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3); EIN- 52-1848933
- Service Area: Cecil and Harford Counties, MD
Paid staff: 8 full time, 4 part-time
Board of Directors
Governing body of the organization - HHS Board members are volunteers who give generously of their time.
Support the affiliate in church relations, construction, family selection, finance, board management, planning, publicity, repair program, resource development and special events
- New construction, repairs, events, committees, office, lunches
- Register: www.habitatsusq.org
- Contact: Abrielle Willis, 410-638-4434, ext. 6 firstname.lastname@example.org
Home Ownership Opportunities
- Homes sold to partner families with 0% interest mortgage
- 2% down payment required & approximately 2% closing costs
- 250 hours of sweat equity per applicant
- EHO - equal housing opportunity
Family Selection Process/Eligibility Requirements
- Need- substandard, difficult or dangerous living conditions
- Ability to pay- income levels set by HUD for low income
- Willingness to partner – families agree to sweat equity and attendance at home finance and maintenance classes
- Residency – applicants must live in Cecil or Harford County 1 year prior, legal, permanent residents or US citizens
- Attendance at Family Orientation Meeting
- Completion of HHS Application
- HHS conducts further financial checks, Family Selection Committee members make a home visit, then application goes to Board for approval.
- Contact Debbie at 410-638-4434 for more information on family application.
Repair Program (Emergency Repair, Ramp & General Repair Opportunities)
- Families apply through HHS office
- Paperwork and visits are completed as appropriate
- Income requirements
- Contact: Carol at 410-638-4434 ext. 2
- Since 1993: Serving almost 200 families by building 69 homes and repairing 171.
- Construction Contact: Dave Guttman, 410-638-4434 email@example.com
Outside of Cecil and Harford Counties
- 60 homes funded with tithe to Kenya and El Salvador affiliates
- 3 teams sent on week long build trips to Gulf Region
- Staff worked on two recovery trips to AL & MS
Funding sources & Funding Opportunities
- Individual donations
- Special Events
- In-kind goods & services
- Team Building Program
- Civic Organizations
- Planned Giving
Faith based organizations